DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY
Founded in 1979, PolyExpert is a small manufacturing company based in Laval that is determined to propel the development of innovative plastic films that are essential to our lives, without leaving a trace. Recently, we invested in a plastic recycling line in order to be self-sufficient in post-industrial recycled material. Involved in sustainable development and certified EcoresponsibleTM level 3, we take concrete actions to reduce its ecological footprint.
To support our development, PolyExpert is currently looking for a candidate who wishes to be part of a dynamic team, focused on innovation and on finding solutions for our client’s needs, as R&D project leader.
Reporting to the R&D manager, you will be at the heart of the management of projects related to recommendations as well as the development of solutions for our clients and prospects. You will act as a technical specialist for our clients and the operations team. In this role, as part of the R&D, sustainable development team, you will contribute to increasing the company’s scientific knowledge in the field of flexible packaging and the film blowing process.
We offer a stimulating job in a human size and human-minded organization, where managers are close to the employees, with concrete development opportunities.
• Competitive salary
• Annual Bonus
• Hybrid work (4 days office, 1 day telework)
• Complete 50-50 group insurance (life, disability, dental and vision)
• RRSP /RBDP (employer contribution)
• Work-family balance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Long-term career management plan
• Gym on site
• Work environment focused on sharing knowledge and promoting individual and team successes
The challenges of this position include:
As an innovation pivot, you will work closely with the sales and operations teams to accomplish the following challenges.
• Manage and track opportunities.
• Make solution recommendations for our clients’ needs.
• New product development
• Responsible for external and internal R&D projects.
• Provide technical service to our clients.
• Work with the production teams to increase our quality
Our profil :
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering ideally with a specialization in plastics
• Master’s degree in plastics or composite materials and polymers (asset)
• Experience in a manufacturing or a research environment (plastic, cardboard, printing)
• Mastery of project management concepts
• Knowledge of the office suite
• Proven problem-solving process
• Thoroughness and attention to details
• Fluency in French and English
You recognize yourself; we would like to meet you!
We are located in the Laval industrial park and are accessible by bus from the Laval metro stations. Dedicated storage space for bicycles for active transportation.
We thank in advance all applicants. Only those corresponding to our needs will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer equal employment opportunities to all.
Do you want to learn more about PolyExpert, our industry and our expertise? Our experts are happy to share their knowledge with you on our blog.