Purpose of the position
In collaboration with the Senior IT and Cybersecurity Director, the incumbent’s main mandate is to act as a programmer analyst. He must keep the existing programs within the organization up to date by correcting or modifying them as needed. He must also analyze, design, test and implement new programming projects.
As part of his duties, he ensures the IT development of internal software. He participates in software maintenance activities and provides for the proper functioning of the computer equipment (servers and client workstations).
It offers all the necessary and required support to users and solves problems with software packages, software and databases.
IT development of internal software
• Analyze user / department requests;
• Determine the technology and resources required;
• Perform programming/query (VB.NET, C#, VB6, MSSQL);
• Present the modifications / addition to the users / departments concerned;
• Installation / Update of modifications on workstations;
• Fix problems, if any;
• Prepare the documentation necessary for the user and the maintenance of the software.
• Provide computer support to users;
• Manage Microsoft SQL databases;
• Support the work of the computer technician, if necessary;
• Train users on new software and application modifications;
• Perform any other related tasks requested by his immediate superior.
• Microsoft Windows 11, 10 and 7;
• Microsoft Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016;
• Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Microsoft One Drive, Teams, SharePoint;
• Microsoft VB.NET, C#, MSSQL, VB6;
• Computer park including a server room and a hundred workstations, in addition to
all network and mobile devices, in an office and factory (industrial) environment.
Required skills and qualities
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in French and English (asset);
• Demonstrate autonomy and initiative;
• Interpersonal skills and leadership;
• Motivated and dynamic;
• Sense of organization involving the ability to work simultaneously on several files;
• Anaytical and synthetical mind;
• Be available on call in rotation 24/7;
• Possess an AEC in computer management, in IT programming-analyst, DEC in computer technology or any other diploma related to the position sought;
• Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in programming or any significant experience in a similar position;
• Excellent command of VB.NET, C#, MSSQL programming languages;
• Mastery of VB 6 (asset)
Remuneration and working conditions
The salary offered takes into account the experience of the successful candidate. The most competitive employment conditions are offered.
Do you want to learn more about PolyExpert, our industry and our expertise? Our experts are happy to share their knowledge with you on our blog.